Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
IndiaGossip now presenting new political party mainly rooted in Jammu & Kashmir.Jammu & Kashmir National Conference is one of the working political party of Jammu & Kashmir.We have provided full documentary on it.so we hope you will like it.
- In October 1932, Sheikh Abdullah founded the All Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference. All Jammu and Kashmir National Conference was renamed On 11th June 1939.
- The National Conference was affiliated with the All India States Peoples Conference.So Sheikh Abdullah was elected its president in 1947.
- In 1946, the National Conference launched an intensive agitation against the state government.Maharaja Hari Singh is the main leading character of it.So that, “Quit Kashmir” became the slogan of it.
- Led at the times of Indian independence in 1947 by Sheikh Abdullah, it has been led subsequently by the Sheikh’s son Farooq Abdullah (From 1981 to 2002) and his son Omar Abdullah(From 2002 to 2009). So Farooq Abdullah became the president of the party in 2009 again.
- Indigenous Kashmiris who are in favour of the reunification of Kashmir.
- Electors who are pro-India & moderately separatist(pro act. 370).
- Party Founder – Sheikh Abdullah
- Party Chairperson – Farooq Abdullah
- Former Cheif Minister & ex-Chairperson – Omer Abdullah
Main Ideological Thrust
- Major ideology is Moderate Separatism, Pro-India Sentiment & Re-Unification of Kashmir.
Major Electoral Achievements(Center & State)
- In the September 1951 elections, National Conference won all 75 seats of the Constituent assembly of Jammu and Kashmir. Sheikh Abdullah remained the prime minister until his dismissal in August 1953.
- In February 1975, after striking with the central government Shaikh Abdullah came in power.
- In 1977, National Conference won the state assembly elections and Sheikh Abdullah became the chief minister, So His son Farooq Abdullah succeeded him as Chief Minister on his death on 8th September 1982.
- Jammu & Kashmir National Conference led by Farooq Abdullah again won a comfortable majority In June 1983 elections.
- Won state Assembly election with comfortable majority till 2002 state assembly elections, the National Conference won only 28 seats, with PDP emerging in the Kashmir Valley as a contender for power.
- In December 2008 state assembly elections, the Jammu & Kashmir National Conference led by Omar emerged Party which had won 17 seats.So that it was great Achievement.
- They have consistently dominated the Lok Sabha polls in the state as well, with the only real competition coming from the Indian National Congress(INC).So it is one of the popular party of India.
Current State Governments/opposition
- Omar Abdullah leads the State Government in Jammu & Kashmir from 2008 to 2014 with 28 seats out of 87, in alliance with the INC, Which had which has 17 seats.
- Jammu & Kashmir National Conference has won 15 seats out of 87 seats. So that party is next government of the state.
- JKPDP emerged as leading party and formed the governments in J&K with the help of BJP.
- Founder Sheikh Abdullah was dismissed in 1953. He arrested on the grounds of conspiracy against the State Of India.
- In July 1984 Farooq Abdullah’s brother-in-law Ghulam Mohammad Shah split the party. Acting on the behest of the central government, so that Governor dismissed Farooq as a Chief Minister and installed Ghulam Mohammad Shah in his place.
India is the country which has the different culture.India is divided into many states.all of them has their own capability in the different sectors.Many of them have great performance with the support of their state government and central government.there are many political parties in our country.Among them, some of them became capable to make reforms in the country.So it is necessary for every party to work in different sectors.